Oregon City - supply point for pioneer emigrants was first located as a claim by Dr. John McLoughlin in 1829.
Oregon City - once known as Willamette Falls - was early the site of an Indian salmon fishing village.
Still in use below this point-were opened on New Years Day, 1873, when the steamer Maria Wilkins became the first vessel to navigate up the west end of Willamette Falls.
Was early the site of an Indian salmon fishing village.
Chief factor of the Hudson’s Bay Company at Fort Vancouver, philanthropist, and founder of Oregon City.
From 1845 to 1849, George Abernethy was the first Provisional Governor of the Oregon Country, which extended from the Pacific Ocean to the Rocky Mountains and from California to Northe
The first trading post in the Willamette Valley was located on the Prairie Knoll just east of this point.
Established as Provisional Government Park in 1913 to commemorate May 2, 1843 meeting of the "Inhabitants of the Willamette Settlements" to organize a civil government.
Dr. Wilhelm Keil founded here a Christian co-operative colony patterned after his colony at Bethel, Missouri. Musicians of the settlement made it widely famous. After Dr.