John and Kristi Heiser moved to Grand Island in the fall of 1991, realizing their dream to live on a farm and bring their children, Henry and Madeline, up in a rural setting.
A commercial ferry began crossing the Yamhill River at Dayton in 1844. The town was founded in 1850 by Andrew Smith and Joel Palmer. Palmer, who also served as superintendent of Indian affairs for Oregon built a flour mill there. Dayton was named for Smith's former hometown of Dayton, Ohio.
In 1990, while looking for a special Oregon property to call home, Joan Davenport came upon 13-acres which included a spacious farm house, historic barn built in 1870 with connecting pastures for her Arabian horses an
Welcome to our beautiful estate where fantastic views sweep across a valley of incredible beauty with our own vineyard in the foreground.