Ritner Creek Covered Bridge
From Interstate 5 exit 258 and follow Portland Road 5 miles to the junction of Highway 22 (Marion Street). Turn right (west) crossing the Willamette River, and continue 17 miles to Dallas. From Dallas travel south on Highway 223 approximately 12 miles through Pedee. Ritner Creek Bridge is approximately 3.5 miles south of Pedee.
Ritner Creek bridge was the last covered bridge on an Oregon state highway.
In 1976, the bridge was lifted from its foundation and relocated just downstream of its original site and replaced by a concrete bridge.
The bridge was constructed in 1927 by Hamer and Curry Contractors to Oregon State Highway Commission plans. The initial construction cost was $6,964.
The original portal design was rounded at the edges but was changed to a square design in the early 1960s to accommodate larger loads to pass.
Stream: Ritner Creek
Truss Type: Howe
Bridge Length (ft): 75
Year Built: 1927
World Guide Number: 37-27-01