The original start of this lilac was brought from Maine to Oregon in 1843 by Mary Charlotte Foster, wife of Philip Foster, partner with Sam Barlow on the Barlow Road.
Although it is now known that Dawn Redwoods graced the landscape of the world's northern temperate regions during the time of the dinosaurs (Late Cretateous), fossils of this species were first discovered in 1941 in J
The Nyberg Chestnut was part of a 150 tree mixed orchard that was planted around 1903 and owned by John Nyberg, a immigrant from Sweden.
Ewing Young, fur trapper and trader in the Southwest and Mexico, turned settler in the Chehalem Valley in 1834.
James Withycombe served as Oregon's governor from 1914 until his death in 1919. He was one of only two foreign-born Oregon governors.
The majestic trees that grace the grounds of the Washington County Courthouse were planted in 1880 as three year old seedlings by pioneer nurseryman John R. Porter.
Large oval scars on these ponderosa pines give lasting evidence of the traditional spring camp of the Nez Perce (Nimiipuu) people.
One of the original 250 Norway maple trees planted by volunteers along Spruce Street and "S" Avenue in 1923 to commemorate the end of the First World War and to appreciate the returning veterans.